List of publications on a keyword: «multicultural environment»
Ethnocultural Component of Content of Education in Intercultural ContextResearch ArticleEthnic Culture Volume 3 No 3
- Tatyana N. Nikolaeva
- Work direction:
- Ethno-Cultural Problems of Education
- The work is devoted to the problem of co-learning of languages and cultures in a multiethnic region. Introduction. Addressing the problem of ethnocultural education in the context of the ongoing changes in the life of society is due to reasons that require timely response and adjustments to the process of education and upbringing, especially among young people. The purpose of the study is to generalize the theoretical and practical approaches to teaching a foreign (German) language, taking into account local ethnographic material. Methods. The work represents the author's reflections on the problems of ethnocultural education. Research results. To solve the problem of filling the content of ethno-oriented education based on knowledge of the elements of everyday culture, traditional culture, linguistic picture of the world, it is necessary to include in the process of teaching a foreign language topics, issues related to the sphere of everyday life of northerners, their living conditions, family relations, rules of behavior, traditions, rituals. Conclusions. Currently, educational institutions are changing the approach to teaching foreign languages towards the development of communicative and intercultural competence of students, which involves the co-learning of languages and cultures of both the country of the target language and the native land. This can be facilitated by a balanced selection of the content of the «Foreign language» subject at the expense of the ethnocultural component as a reserve that forms intercultural competence for socialization in the world space.
- intercultural competence, multicultural environment, ethnocultural component, ethno-oriented learning, training of teaching staff, co-study of language and culture
Praktika obucheniia russkomu iazyku v polikul'turnoi srede (iz opyta raboty)Book ChapterEducation: theory, methodology, practice
- Ekaterina A. Plotnikova, Tatiana A. Zolotova, Natalia I. Efimova, Mariia N. Pirogova
- Work direction:
- Глава 1. Современные лингвистические методы обучения
- This section focuses on issues of improving the methodology of Russian language teaching and efficiency of teaching Russian in a multicultural environment with the use of elements of spiritual (including folklore) culture in educational institutions of the Mari El Republic (humanitarian gymnasiums, secondary and higher educational institutions). The authors of the section demonstrate the features of using folklore in the main areas of activities (both class and extracurricular) of experimental network platforms (FIRO) and the pedagogical workshop (Prosveshcheniye Publishers) and conclude that such projects, aimed at the sociocultural adaptation of Russian youth and their socialization and culturalization, are extremely important in the aspect of harmonizing interpersonal and intercultural relations in the modern Russian society. By referring to several facts of traditional Russian culture in their teaching of Russian as a foreign language, the authors of the monograph (E.A. Plotnikova, M.N. Pirogova) have received a certain positive response. It is evident that at the initial stage of learning, the students should acquire a kind of linguistic minimum, which includes knowledge about the culture of the country, its traditions, the distinctive features of verbal and non-verbal communication, etc. In such cases, the use of innovative pedagogical technologies, including olympiads and quests, usually provides positive results.
- folklore, Russian language, multicultural environment, sociocultural adaptation, spiritual culture, innovative pedagogical technologies