List of publications on a keyword: «саамский»
Reindeer Lexicon in Ural Languages in the Context of Language ContactsResearch ArticleEthnic Culture Volume 4 No 1
- Sergey A. Myznikov
- Work direction:
- Languages of the Nations of the World
- This paper provides an overview of the study of reindeer husbandry and vocabulary associated with it on the material of the Uralic languages. The article is based on the methods of etymological and comparative analysis. The source base of the research was the dictionary materials and personal observations of the author. The purpose of this work is to analyze the reindeer herding vocabulary in the context of the linguistic contacts of the Ural peoples. It is noted that the systematic study of various aspects of reindeer husbandry based on the material of different ethnic groups began in the second half of the 20th century. The most important for the analysis are the materials of the Samoyed languages, in particular the Nenets, whose influence extended to adjacent linguistic continua. There is a section on reindeer husbandry in the context of interethnic and interlingual contacts, since the latter is often the result of economic and interethnic contacts. In a number of cases, the Nenets were the source of distribution of certain methods of using reindeer. An attempt was made to comprehensively analyze the Northern Russian dialect borrowed data, possible etymons that are recorded in the Komi language, the Baltic-Finnish, Ob-Ugric languages, as well as in the Samoyed languages. The interaction of the Samoyed, Perm and Ob-Ugric continuums is noted on the data of the vocabulary of reindeer husbandry.
- vocabulary, Nenets Ob-Ugric, Sami, Perm, Samoyed, Komi, Khanty, Mansi, reindeer husbandry vocabulary
Kola Saami Languages: Problem of Language Preservatiom and Functioning in the Urban EnvironmentResearch ArticleEthnic Culture No 1 (1)
- Olga N. Ivanishcheva
- Work direction:
- Problems of Ethnic Cultures Preservation
- The article presents an analysis of the sociolinguistic situation in the Kola North with the Kildin Saami language. Purpose of work – to consider the historical reasons for the situation of the indigenous language of the North, as well as the current situation with educational programs in the Kildin Saami language. The following method was used in the study: descriptive method. The result of the analysis is that in the study indicates the directions of activity of state structures and Saami activists to improve the functioning of the language, shows that in the conditions of the Russian-speaking environment, the chance for the survival of a minority language has a distance education, recommendations to the activities for conservation and revitalization Kildin Saami language. The study showed that the most suitable teaching technology for the dispersed population is the organization of training on the basis of specially prepared distance learning courses integrated into a single system on the training portal, which not only organizes training in the form of transferring teaching and methodological material to the learner for assimilation, but also monitors and evaluates the knowledge gained in asynchronous mode, analysis of the quality of the passage of educational material.
- distance education, Saami language, Russian-speaking environment